On 13th December 2008 (Saturday) morning, 7 of us met at Best Coffee Shop opposite CHC JW. After having a quick breakfast, we headed towards the 2nd link in our 3 vehicles.... and to my horror, it was jammed!!! OMG! Altogether, we took 2hrs and 45mins to clear customs and reach the first patrol station on Malaysia side. In spite of this unforseen delay, we marched on towards KL. Our destination was the Elite Speedway go-karting track at USJ.
But before we got there, Steven's vehicle was running low of fuel. So we cut short the trip and exited towards Sepang. After refueling at Sepang, we headed to the Sepang go-kart.... and it rained cats and dogs! Oh man! By that time it was about 4+pm. So we gave up and headed to check in at our hotel - Royale Bintang Hotel. It was located at Jalan Bukit Bintang.

Unfortunately, that road was a one way road... and it was superbly jammed!!! Round 2 of jams... *sigh* Steven managed to turn in first but Ruicheng and I were unable to turn due to a policeman guarding that turn. That portion of the road was just way too crowded. So I followed my GPS which brought me to a series of small roads and I emerged after that jammed portion. Ruicheng relied on his maps and navigational skills... and he finally managed to get there too... after a long jam along the entire stretch of Jalan Bukit Bintang.
Finally, they came into view.
And this is a shot of our hotel room. Quite cosy and nice. Not posh but sufficent. =)
Following that, we went on to our shopping along Jalan Bukit Bintang. BB Plaza didn't present much interesting items, but the adjorning Sungei Wan was another story altogether. Edna went into a buying frenzy. Mine came the next day when we spotted Anime in a comic shop. *grinz* Can you believe I spent about RM 200 just on Anime? =P lol!
Dinner was at our hotel. We thought we could enjoy seafood buffet but the venue was closed for a private event. So we had the international buffet instead. Following that we went our different ways. Edna and I decided to hit the bed as I was very tired. Ruicheng & Lifang continued their exploration of the area and even had a round of massage.
On next day (14th Dec), we had brunch, did some last minute shopping before checking out and heading for the Sepang Go-kart track. Thank God it did not rain when we reached there. While Nancy looked after Clarrisa, the rest of us took to our go-karts. Edna and I took the blue coloured 2-stroke engine go-kart which was more powerful and cost RM90 for 10 mins. The rest took the 4-stroke fun-kart version which cost RM 60 for 10 mins because they were first timers. Helmets and even a hair cover were provided.

We took a group photo before zooming off.
Edna and I all ready to go!

Ruicheng all set to zoom!

Lifang all set to go also!

And Steven posing for the shot. =)

Clarrisa looking out for her daddy

Clarrisa spots her daddy zooming past!

Lifang & Ruicheng chasing each other
The blue go-kart's difference in power was easily felt when I took to the straights to pass the red kart. Even round corners, the power helped alot. Boy, it was fun!!
Unfortunately, all joy was killed after the first round when it rained! *sigh* And Steven and Ruicheng was ready to try out the more powerful go-kart. Well, we quickly packed up and left the premise and headed back to Singapore. But lunch/tea stop at A&W! ^_^

Aftermath view of rain in the country side

Steven's white Nissan Sunny followed by Ruicheng's red Lation following behind us
At our rest stop, we went for A&W (because I kept saying about it... =p). Since Singapore no longer have A&W, I miss the fried chicken, curly fries and root beer float. But as it was a Sunday, A&W was very crowded and we had to wait quite a while for our food. By the time we go onto the road again, it was approaching 5.40pm already. Our target to reach Singapore customs before night fall was well... delayed.
And finally, when we got to Singapore customs, round 3 of jams awaited us. Thank God this time round the jam was not very bad and we cleared customs in about half an hour (I guess... coz was not really keeping time).

And with crossing the Singapore customs, we went our separate ways to our respective homes. For Edna and myself, like an icing on a cake, we had one more encounter before reaching our home. There was an accident involving a bus and pizza delivery motorcycle at the junction near our home at Upper Thomson road. I hope the rider was okay....
Well, on the whole, the entire trip was fun! =) Too bad we only had opportunity for one round of go-karting. Perhaps we will organize another similar trip again next year Feb or Mar when it is not a rainy season. And Lifang will get her chance to play more... and we will get more chance to shop also. Must really do it as a 3 day 2 night trip so that we can have more time to do more things.
I thank God for safe journey during the entire trip and for the great time of fellowship we had! ^_^
- Zewei
1 comment:
thanks Zewei, It was fun!
Post a Comment