Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tithing

Great work done for n111 blog! 

I love it! 

Frankly, I am not into 'blogging'. I tried once and never went back to the blog I created. Probably lost in cyberspace now.

These few days I have been trying to learn more about tithing so I can equip myself to explaining to others.

I must say that when I headed for the internet and google 'tithing' and 'bible', I didn't know I was in for a surprise. To some, 'Tithing was a lie and a ploy by preachers' and I really didn't take it too well. Some say tithing was not mentioned in the new testament. Heresy! I thought. Others say a tithe of 10% was not required. Blasphemy! My mind raced. Frankly, I have been receiving much input or 'downloads' in service. Hence, coming across such 'heretical' questioning, I really didn't take it too well.

Nonetheless, I tried to sift through a few websites and found this url to make sense. I think it has helped me to develop a better understanding of grace and tithing in the old and new testament. 

It's a long read (4 part series) but there's really points to pick up. I hope this will help you in your learning journey too.

http://www.ifaithhome.org/teaching/articles/tithing/tithing_1.html

;) Audrey






2 comments:

The story of N111 said...

U know, i would never have thought of googgling "tithing!" I will go try and read some of the against arguments and be prepared since like, I have also taken tithing as a given.

Thanks for the URL! ~ fang

Zewei said...

Tithe... in layman terms... is used to pay for the work of the levites. Pastors and pastorial staff still need to eat and feed their families. That's why is pay tithe and give offerings. Heh... this was what came to me when I was thinking why God made us pay our tithe...

-Zewei